Monday, August 9, 2021

Wilco Setlists: Montana 8/7 & Utah 8/8


Okay, we’re back! Wilco’s return to the road hit a few fine venues in Bonner, Montana, and Salt Lake City, Utah over the weekend. Folks wondering if Jeff Tweedy and company were going to change-up the setlist got their answer with a few songs entering the mix. Looks like the rotating tunes will favor their last album, Ode to Joy, but that may be too soon to call. Still no Being There yet.

One thing I failed to mention in my last post is that Sleater-Kinney is opening for Wilco on this tour. They are one of my favorites so I am really looking forward to seeing them next week in Asheville. I won't be covering their setlists here but you can find some of them at setlist.fm.

Anyway, here are the much anticipated setlists from the last two nights:

KettleHouse Amphitheater, Bonner, MT 8/7/21

“A Shot in the Arm” / “Random Name Generator” / “One and a Half Stars” / “I Am Trying to Break Your Heart” / “Art of Almost” / “If I Ever Was a Child” / “On and On and On” / “Impossible Germany” / “Love is Everywhere (Beware)” / “Box Full of Letters” / “Born Alone” / “Jesus, Etc.” / “Theologians” / “I’m the Man Who Loves You” / “Everyone Hides” / “Heavy Metal Drummer” / “I’m Always in Love” / “Hold Me Anyway”

Encore: “Ashes of American Flags” / “California Stars”


Red Butte Garden, Salt Lake City, UT 8/8/21

“A Shot in the Arm” / “Random Name Generator” / “At Least That’s What You Said” / “Everyone Hides” / “I Am Trying to Break Your Heart” / “Art of Almost” / “If I Ever Was a Child” / “Impossible Germany” / “Love is Everywhere (Beware)” / “Box Full of Letters” / White Wooden Cross” / “Dawned on Me” / “Jesus, Etc.” / “Theologians” / “I’m the Man Who Loves You” / “What Light” / “Heavy Metal Drummer” / “I’m Always in Love”

Encore: “California Stars”

Okay! So there you go - two sweet setlists from one of the best bands in the biz.

Next: Wilco returns to Red Rocks, a historic venue if there ever was one.

More later...

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday Wilco Song Spotlight: “Evicted”

T his entry of the Wednesday Wilco Song Spotlight shines on a track from Jeff Tweedy, and company’s latest album, Cousin . It is the first s...