Friday, August 6, 2021

Wilco Is Back, And So Is This Blog

Last night, Wilco returned to the road for their first show since March 2020. Even though fans were kept busy with the 5-disc Summerteeth Deluxe Edition, and 200 episodes of the quarantine-inspired The Tweedy Show, what we really wanted was to see Jeff Tweedy and company playing highlights from their vast catalog live again. And in Spokane last night they touched on selections from every album except oddly Being There, and, not so oddly, Wilco (The Album).

This also marks the return of this blog, as I haven’t posted much this year. As my book, Wilcopedia, gets to be more and more out of date (I’m working on material for an updated edition), this space is where I can catch up with Wilco, and with their new tour, I’m happy to post setlists again, and whatever else happens like Tweedy’s just launched newsletter, Starship Casual, which you can subscribe to here. 

 

Now, let’s get on to what our beloved band performed on their first show since the pandemic broke out:

 

First Interstate Center for the Arts, Spokane, WA 8/5/21

 

“A Shot in the Arm”

“Random Name Generator”

“Before Us”

“I Am Trying to Break Your Heart”

“Art of Almost”

“If I Ever Was a Child”

“On and On and On”

“Art of Almost”

“Impossible Germany”

“Love is Everywhere”

“Box Full of Letters”

“Born Alone”

“Jesus, Etc.”

“Theologians”

“I’m the Man Who Loves You”

“Everyone Hides”

“Heavy Metal Drummer”

“I’m Always in Love”

 

Encore:

“Ashes of American Flags”

“California Stars”


What a wonderful setlist! Really makes me more excited for seeing them in Asheville in less than two weeks. It’s been way too long.


More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday Wilco Song Spotlight: “Evicted”

T his entry of the Wednesday Wilco Song Spotlight shines on a track from Jeff Tweedy, and company’s latest album, Cousin . It is the first s...