Monday, September 19, 2022

Wilco’s Cruel Country Tour Conquers The West


Official show poster by Zoca
Last Wednesday, Wilco’s Cruel Country tour hit Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Morrison, Colorado, for their tenth show since 1997 at the historic venue. After that rapturously received performance that featured a guest appearance by opener Margo Price, Jeff Tweedy and company were joined by Texas country artist, Terry Allen, in Santa Fe, for a few versions of a few of his tunes; and the Grateful Dead’s “U.S. Blues” continues to pop up in encores, a welcome addition since the Philco show at the inaugural Sacred Rose Festival at the SeatGeek Stadium outside Chicago on August 26th.


Here’s what when down with Wilco’s shows out west:

Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Morrison, CO 9/14/22 

“Handshake Drugs” / “I Am My Mother” / “Cruel Country” / “I Am Trying to Break Your Heart” / “Hints” / “War on War” / “If I Ever Was a Child” / “Via Chicago” (with “Many Worlds” coda) / “At Least That’s What You Said” / “Story to Tell” / “Hummingbird” / “All Across the World” / “Bird Without a Tail/Base of My Skull” / “Jesus, Etc.” / “Impossible Germany” / “Love Is Everywhere (Beware)” / “California Stars” / “A Lifetime to Find” / “Heavy Metal Drummer” / “I’m the Man Who Loves You” / “Spiders (Kidsmoke)”

Encore: “Falling Apart (Right Now)” / “U.S. Blues” / “I Got You (At the End of the Century)”

The Santa Fe Opera, Santa Fe, NM 9/15/22

Official show poster by Matthew Decker

“Handshake Drugs” / “I Am My Mother” / “Cruel Country” / “I Am Trying to Break Your Heart” / “Hints” / “War on War” / “If I Ever Was a Child” / “Via Chicago” (with “Many Worlds” coda) / “Company in My Back” / “Story to Tell” / “Hummingbird” / “Tired of Taking It Out on You” / “Bird Without a Tail/Base of My Skull” / “Jesus, Etc.” / “Impossible Germany” / “Love Is Everywhere (Beware)” / “California Stars” / “A Lifetime to Find” / “I’m Always in Love” / “Spiders (Kidsmoke)”

Encore: “Amarillo Highway” / “The Death of the Last Stripper” / “Falling Apart (Right Now)” / “I Got You (At the End of the Century)”

Cal Coast Credit Union Open Air Theatre, San Diego, CA 9/17/21

Official poster by Justin Froning/The Housebear

“Handshake Drugs” / “I Am My Mother” / “Cruel Country” / “I Am Trying to Break Your Heart” / “Hints” / “War on War” / “If I Ever Was a Child” / “Via Chicago” (with “Many Worlds” coda) / “Muzzle of Bees” / “Story to Tell” / “Hummingbird” / “All Across the World” / “Bird Without a Tail/Base of My Skull” / “Jesus, Etc.” / “Impossible Germany” / “Mystery Binds” / “California Stars” / “A Lifetime to Find” / “I’m Always in Love” / “Heavy Metal Drummer” / “Spiders (Kidsmoke)”

Encore: “Falling Apart (Right Now)” / “U.S. Blues” / “I Got You (At the End of the Century)”

Seaside Lagoon, Redondo Beach, CA 9/18/22


“Handshake Drugs” / “I Am My Mother” / “Cruel Country” / “I Am Trying to Break Your Heart” / “War on War” / “Via Chicago” / “Hummingbird” / “Bird Without a Tail/Base of My Skull” / “Jesus, Etc.” / “Impossible Germany” / “California Stars” / “Falling Apart (Right Now)” / “Heavy Metal Drummer” / “U.S. Blues”

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday Wilco Song Spotlight: “Evicted”

T his entry of the Wednesday Wilco Song Spotlight shines on a track from Jeff Tweedy, and company’s latest album, Cousin . It is the first s...