Monday, September 26, 2022

Wilco Delivers Cruel Country To The Pacific Northwest

Official show poster by Kate Bingaman.

Wilco’s Cruel Country tour rolls on into the fall with dates in Oregon, a few in Canada, and a stop in Montana over the last half a week. Jeff Tweedy and company are now taking a break until they return on October 2 in Memphis, Tennessee for Mempho Fest at Radians Amphitheatre, with two shows following that on October 4 and 5 at the Civic Theatre in New Orleans, that will be livestreamed on nugs.net.

But let’s catch up with what they played at their last four shows:

Hayden Homes Amphitheater, Bend, Oregon 9/20/22

“Handshake Drugs” / “The Universe” / “I Am My Mother” / “Cruel Country” / “I Am Trying to Break Your Heart” / “Hints” / “War on War” / “If I Ever Was a Child” / “Via Chicago” (with “Many Worlds” coda) / “At Least That’s What You Said” / “Story to Tell” / “Hummingbird” / “All Across the World” / “Bird Without a Tail/Base of My Skull” / “Jesus, Etc.” / “Impossible Germany” / “Love Is Everywhere (Beware)” / “California Stars” / “A Lifetime to Find” / “I’m Always in Love” / “Spiders (Kidsmoke)” / “Falling Apart (Right Now)” / “U.S. Blues” / “I Got You (At the End of the Century)”

Queen Elizabeth Theatre, Vancouver, BC, Canada 9/21/22

                                                     Official show poster by Violet Reed.

“Handshake Drugs” / “The Universe” / “Cruel Country” / “I Am My Mother” / “I Am Trying to Break Your Heart” / “If I Ever Was a Child” / “Hints” / “War on War” / “Story to Tell” / “Via Chicago” / “Hummingbird” / “At Least That’s What You Said” / “Bird Without a Tail/Base of My Skull” / “Jesus, Etc.” / “Impossible Germany” / “It’s Just That Simple” / “California Stars” / “A Lifetime to Find” / “I’m Always in Love” / “Tired of Taking It Out on You” / “Spiders (Kidsmoke)” / “Falling Apart (Right Now)” / “U.S. Blues” / “I Got You (At the End of the Century)”

Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium, Calgary, AB, Canada 9/23/22

Official show poster by Violet Reed.

“Handshake Drugs” / “I Am My Mother” / “Cruel Country” / “I Am Trying to Break Your Heart” / “Hints” / “The Universe” / “War on War” / “If I Ever Was a Child” / “Via Chicago” (with “Many Worlds” coda) / “At Least That’s What You Said” / “Story to Tell” / “Hummingbird” / “All Across the World” / “Bird Without a Tail/Base of My Skull” / “Jesus, Etc.” / “Impossible Germany” / “Love Is Everywhere (Beware)” / “California Stars” / “A Lifetime to Find” / “I’m Always in Love” / “Spiders (Kidsmoke)”

Encore:
“Falling Apart (Right Now)” / “U.S. Blues” / “I Got You (At the End of the Century)”

The ELM, Bozeman, Montana 9/24/22 

Official show poster by Peter Cardoso for Ghost Town Studio.

“Handshake Drugs” / “The Universe” / “I Am My Mother” / “Cruel Country” / “I Am Trying to Break Your Heart” / “Hints” / “War on War” / “If I Ever Was a Child” / “Via Chicago” (with “Many Worlds” coda) / “At Least That’s What You Said” / “Story to Tell” / “Hummingbird” / “Tired of Taking It Out on You” / “Bird Without a Tail/Base of My Skull” / “Jesus, Etc.” / “Impossible Germany” / “Love is Everywhere (Beware)” / “California Stars” / “A Lifetime to Find” / “I’m Always in Love” / “Spiders (Kidsmoke)”

Encore: “Falling Apart (Right Now)” / “U.S. Blues” / “I Got You (At the End of the Century)” / “Outtasite (Outta Mind)”

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday Wilco Song Spotlight: “Evicted”

T his entry of the Wednesday Wilco Song Spotlight shines on a track from Jeff Tweedy, and company’s latest album, Cousin . It is the first s...