Monday, July 4, 2022

Wilco Conquers Spain With Nels Cline Back In Full Glory


Got a lot to catch up on with Wilco finishing the European leg of their Cruel Coutry tour with a bunch of shows in Spain, and one in the Netherlands, so let’s get right to it. As reported previously, Nels Cline had to bow out of the band’s performance because of a COVID-19 dignosis, so starting with their gig at Teatro Kursaal in San Sebastian, Jeff Tweedy and company played their first shows in 18 years without their trusty lead guitarist. Aftter four Cline-less concerts, the man returned on June 25th to retake the stage with his blistering leads, and yet again reign supreme with what was probably the most glorious “Impossible Germany” to date. I couldn’t find a clip of that, but did locate a pretty killer version of the guitar epic from June 27th, which you can see with that show’s setlist below.

So here’s how the setlists for Wilco’s European Cruel Country 2022 Tour in Spain and the Netherlands went down:

Parque Grande José Antonio Labordeta, Zaragoza, Spain 6/21/22

“I Am My Mother” / “Cruel Country” / “I Am Trying to Break Your Heart” / “If I Ever Was a Child” / “Story to Tell” / “Sunken Treasure” / “All Across the World” / “Hummingbird” / “Poor Places” / “War on War” / “At Least That’s What You Said” / “Please Be Wrong” / “How to Fight Lonelinesss” / “Hearts Hard to Find” / “Box Full of Letters” / “Jesus Etc.” / “Forget the Flowers” / “You and I” / “A Lifetime to Find” / “Heavy Metal Drummer” / “I’m the Man Who Loves You”

Encore: “California Stars” / “Monday” / “Outtasite (Outta Mind)” / “I’m a Wheel” / “The Late Greats”

Poble Espanyol, Barcelona, Spain 6/22/22

“I Am My Mother” / “Cruel Country” / “I Am Trying to Break Your Heart” / “Kamera” / “Hints” / “Story to Tell” / “Sunken Treasure” / “Hummingbird” / “All Across the World” / “Poor Places” / “War on War” / “At Least That’s What You Said” / “How to Fight Loneliness” / “Tired of Taking It Out on You” / “Box Full of Letters” / “Jesus Etc.” / “Forget the Flowers” / “California Stars” / “If I Ever Was a Child” / “Heavy Metal Drummer” / “I’m the Man Who Loves You”

Encore: “You and I” / “Red-Eyed and Blue” / “I Got You (At the End of the Century” / “Monday”/ “Outtasite (Outta Mind)”

Auditorio Casa de Cultura, Burjassot, Spain 6/24/22

“I Am My Mother”/ “Cruel Country” / “I Am Trying to Break Your Heart” / “Kamera” / “Hints” / “Story to Tell” / “Sunken Treasure” / “If I Ever Was a Child” / “All Across the World” / “Hummingbird” / “Poor Places” / “War on War” / “At Least That’s What You Said” / “Tired of Taking It Out on You” / “Box Full of Letters” / “I’m Always in Love” / “Jesus, Etc.” / “Someday Soon” / “California Stars” / “A Lifetime to Find” / “Heavy Metal Drummer” / “I’m the Man Who Loves You

Encore: “You and I” / “Red-Eyed and Blue” / “I Got You (At the End of the Century)” / “Outtasite (Outta Mind)” / “The Late Greats” / “I’m a Wheel”

Plaza de Toros de La Condomina, Murcia, Spain 6/25/22

“A Shot in the Arm” / “Story to Tell” / “I Am Trying to Break Your Heart” / “I Am My Mother” / “Cruel Country” / “Handshake Drugs” / “Hummingbird” / “All Across the World” / “If I Ever Was a Child” / “Bird Without a Tail / Base of My Skull” / “Poor Places” / “War on War” / “Tired of Taking It Out on You” / “Impossible Germany” / “Via Chicago” (“Many Worlds” outro) / “Falling Apart (Right Now)” / “Jesus, Etc.” / “Box Full of Letters” / “California Stars” / “A Lifetime to Find

Encore: “You and I” / “Heavy Metal Drummer” / “I’m the Man Who Loves You” / “Monday” / “Outtasite (Outta Mind)”

Real Jardín Botánico Alfonso XIII, Madrid, Spain 6/27/22

“A Shot in the Arm” / “Story to Tell” / “I Am Trying to Break Your Heart” / “I Am My Mother” / “Cruel Country” / “Hints” / “Handshake Drugs” / “Hummingbird” / “If I Ever Was a Child” / “All Across the World” / “Love Is Everywhere (Beware)” / “War on War” / “Bird Without a Tail / Base of My Skull” / “Hearts Hard to Find” / “Impossible Germany” / “Mystery Binds” / “At Least That’s What You Said” / “Via Chicago” (with “Many Worlds” coda) / “The Late Greats”

Encore: “Jesus, Etc.” / “A Lifetime to Find” / “California Stars” / “Falling Apart (Right Now)” / “Monday” / “Outtasite (Outta Mind)”



Real Jardín Botánico Alfonso XIII, Madrid, Spain 6/28/22

“A Shot in the Arm” / “Story to Tell” / “I Am Trying to Break Your Heart” / “I Am My Mother” / “Cruel Country” / “Hints” / “Handshake Drugs” / “Hummingbird” / “If I Ever Was a Child” / “All Across the World” / “Love Is Everywhere (Beware)” / “War on War” / “Bird Without a Tail / Base of My Skull” / “Hearts Hard to Find” / “Impossible Germany” / “Mystery Binds” / “At Least That’s What You Said” / “Via Chicago” (with “Many Worlds” coda) / “The Late Greats”

Encore: “Jesus, Etc.” / “A Lifetime to Find” / “California Stars” / “Falling Apart (Right Now)” / “Monday” / “Outtasite (Outta Mind)”

Vakantiepark De Groene Heuvels, Beuningen, Netherlands 7/1/22

“A Shot in the Arm” / “Story to Tell” / “I Am Trying to Break Your Heart” / “Cruel Country” / “Hints” / “Handshake Drugs” / “Poor Places” / “Hummingbird” / “All Across the World” / “Impossible Germany” / “Hearts Hard to Find” / “A Lifetime to Find” / “Jesus, Etc.” / “Heavy Metal Drummer” / “I’m the Man Who Loves You” / “Falling Apart (Right Now)” / “I Got You (At the End of the Century)”


More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday Wilco Song Spotlight: “Evicted”

T his entry of the Wednesday Wilco Song Spotlight shines on a track from Jeff Tweedy, and company’s latest album, Cousin . It is the first s...